Quality Assurance Editing
Review+ is sophisticated software for transcription departments to monitor the quality of their remote and in-house transcriptionists. Review+ enables healthcare facilities to achieve the accuracy that patient care requires. As an integrated component of the TA+ platform, Review+ is easy-to-use and simple to deploy. Individual QA editors connect to the transcription server to get started. There is no need to purchase MS Word or conform to specific versions of a Windows operating system.
Review+ automates the quality assurance process efficiently without a negative impact on turnaround compliance. When using Review+ in an active mode, transcribed reports are not released for viewing until the document review is completed. It is not necessary for smaller facilities to have a full time Quality Assurance editor on staff. Instead, a lead transcriptionist or transcription supervisor can serve as the QA editor on an ‘as needed’ basis. Reports can be directed to the QA department for active review in a number of ways:
- Supervisors can set Review+ so that all jobs from an inexperienced transcriptionist go to review+.
- Supervisor can configure Review+ so that a percentage of work is sent to review from more experienced transcriptionists. This sampling is set using a ‘1 of X’ ratio.
- A transcriptionist may force a report to QA at any time during the report creation process if she is unsure of the dictator’s intent.
- A report will automatically flow to review because it contains more than the allowed number of exceptions (or ‘blanks’). Supervisors set the number of allowable exceptions by each report type.
- Physician voice file accompanies the transcribed report to editors during review process when using Dictate and other integrated third party voice files
- Document review process uses RTF Word Processor with no third party software required
- The ‘Exception’ feature allows editors to locate the problem area much more quickly
- Review+ positions the cursor and associated voice file automatically at each exception
- There is no limit to the number of exceptions that a transcriptionist may create
- The transcriptionist classifies each exception using a dropdown menu
- The transcriptionist may add an additional comment about the exception for the editor
- Supervisors are able to exclude particular dictators from a selected transcriptionist
MULTI-LEVEL QUALITY REVIEW+
When using Review+, supervisors can set up a QA review process so that medical and non-medical quality assurance issues are sent to separate editors. Several different levels of document editing are programmable when using Review+. When a transcriptionist creates an exception in the body of a report, it automatically flows to medical QA support. If the transcriptionist marks a name or term in a report, Review+ brings up a pick list from which the transcriptionist will select the appropriate reason. If ‘unrecognizable medical term’ is selected, the report will be directed to medical QA. If ‘unknown address’ is selected, the report moves instead to non-medical QA. Supervisors configure the reasons in the pick list and to which level of QA the reports are sent to automate QA processing. If more than one type of exception is noted, the document flows ‘up the ladder’ until all review levels have been completed. Only then is the report released for viewing and distribution activity.
- Review+ may be set for random quality checks for select dictators – ideal for new physicians
- Review+ may be set for random quality checks for new work types – ideal for new departments
- Passive review feature allows ‘Behind the Scenes’ review without stopping release of document from viewing and distribution activity